Realtek audio issues

Apr 27, 2018
Hello,

Not sure where to post this, so if this is in the wrong section - sorry. I've been having difficulties getting audio working on this motherboard (Gigabyte X470 Ultra Gaming), unless it's just Windows 10 causing the problem. However, sound works okay to a point using the headphone jack front of the case (the usual electrical interference), but sound at the back it sounds like an overkill of bass like someone has put the bass level at the maximum level possible..By looking at the motherboard it has a silver block on the board that says "AMP-UP", I'm not familiar with this nor have I heard of it before, I've installed the motherboard chipset drivers and its audio drivers which makes no difference. There was a short time the other day where the headphone jack had no electrical interference it was crystal clear and great but then went funny again after a few hours. I have been seriously debating on getting a sound card, cause I've had problems before in the past with Realtek, I was hoping they got better over time but clearly not from my own experience. If someone has a solution I'd happily use it if it can solve this minor issue, if not, I'll just get a sound card and be done with onboard audio once and for all.

Thanks in advance.