Question Realtek audio not working nor installing drivers ?

Apr 7, 2023
So before I was using Realtek Audio Manager for my audio to switch between hdmi and the jacks on the pc, but I've noticed that I cannot now change the audio from hdmi to the jack, it only shows the hdmi. I've tried uninstalling the driver for the realtek and installing the latest but when I install there's nothing showing in the control panel nor the device manager, it shows the hdmi audio but not the realtek ?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Might want to pass on the make and model of the motherboard if you're running off of the onboard audio solution. Please include the current BIOS version for your motherboard as well as the OS that you're currently on. Include the make and model of your GPU as well.

Apr 7, 2023
its a custom pc
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

BaseBoard Product PRIME B250M-PLUS

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1205, 11/05/2018

GPU Name AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

Processor Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G3900 @ 2.80GHz, 2800 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

boju

Titan
Ambassador
You can change audio device in audio playback devices in Windows. Realtek just did the same.

But on Realtek audio manager, it no longer exists unless Asus provides it with their drivers for your board, probably not. I guess you upgraded to Win10 and carried audio manager along, uninstalling was the end of it. In any case, it's audio console now and you can get it (free of course) from Ms store. It might already be installed automatically after installing driver so try search for audio console in taskbar search.

If you have further audio issues i suggest looking in here and follow the instructions. I've done this and the author has really gone above and beyond helping people with Asus boards and audio issues relating to software.

https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/intel...xx-3xx-4xx-5xx-6xx-7xx-amp-amd-3xx/m-p/819057

Which one you choose i guess will be trial and error, be one of the Prime additions. There are a few. If you need to, try Tuf/Prime dts audio processing, 2nd last one.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2023
Well I was using it not long ago like a month or less ago, but I'll have a look, I've tried to change to other audio but not are seen except the hdmi one, when I put a headset into the jacks nothing pops up or shows that it's even connected

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Is that using the rear motherboard audio analogue jack or case front panel audio? Realtek audio manager popped up a window to enable front panel. Don't remember if auto detection could be disabled or not though, that might've happened. Try rear audio jack and set playback device to speakers. If that works then you know it's only software related. If that's the case then hopefully audio console helps you, otherwise please try the link i posted.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
That's because monitor has been set as default device. I'd like to understand this more. Type sound in taskbar search then click on sound control panel upper right. The window that pops up afterwards, can you show us a screenshot of that? Upload to some image hosting service like Imgur.

If you haven't seen that popup window before, clicking sound control panel, speakers should be listed there. If it is, set it to default and analogue jacks should work.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah Realtek drivers not installed.

Follow instructions for second last.

Apr 7, 2023
So before I didn't have any drivers for realtek, as I had a problem with it when I used it before I didn't have any but I have the drivers in the device manager but when I try to update the device it always ends up showing a error 10 when trying to update it

Apr 7, 2023
yeah i noticed, and updated it to the latest version for the bios,
and my psu is like a year old as i replaced it not long ago, its the same version i had before when i realtek was installed

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 2001, 13/07/2021

Apr 7, 2023
Yeah I've tried that from the ms it always says a error on there end, I've also tried installing the drivers from there but ends up in the same situation, I've tried the drivers from my mb manufacturer, from the realtek website, and the one you suggested rog website fourms

Apr 7, 2023
Yeah I've retried it so many times but always says to restart my computer which I have, and the rog thing I did it with the steps and clean up but ends up back at the store which won't download