Realtek HD Audio Drivers Buggy (Unplug/Plug)

GunfighterJ

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
I recently built a new computer. The only issue I have right now is that I constantly get a pop-up from Realtek HDAM saying "You just unplugged a device" then immediately "You just plugged in a device".

I disabled the popups but they still show up. That's not really the problem, I can live with that. It's the annoying cut out of audio every 20 seconds followed by the audio being a lot quieter. Originally I installed the drivers from the motherboard CD (Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3). Frankly those worked better but I still had the issue, I updated the drivers to a newer version, but now I keep getting this problem more often. Any suggestions? Thanks. Please don't ignore me, let me know if you need more info.

GunfighterJ

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
Well it didn't save my signature with my computer specs so here they are:

ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3
Intel i5-2500K
2x GTX 480 SLI
Corsair XMS3 1600 8GB C7
Corsair Pro Series HX850
Crucial M4 128GB SSD
Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA III
Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit

bak_009

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
I have also the same problem it just keep popping up that you just plug/unplug a device from audio jack. Updated drives, disabled notification from front panel jack detection but still the problem has not solved. Hoping that Realtek should come up with a solution.

dogbots159

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012

WOW! I have this exact same problem with almost the exact same build! It's really annoying durring gaming. :pfff: Hope to hear a fix soon !

1sty

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
Mine is plugging/unplugging every 2 seconds.

I called asus and they say its a bad board but there seems to be a ton of people with this issue.
i can only get about 1 second of sound out of any port.

divx10

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Hi All,

I it helps, I just had the same issue, motherboard is ASUS P8 Z68-V/GEN3

In my case found that under "connector Settings" I had "HD Audio" selected for front panel and hanging it to be AC97 (which I think is correct for the front panel on this board) corrected the issue. The notifications have stopped.

Hope tis helps.

Thanks.

divx10

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
hi All,

ok, so once I had checked HD is the correct setting in fact. But try disconnecting the AC97 from your mother board and just leave the HD connection.

Buzzing that I was getting and the notifications are all fine. with the settings I have main speakers attached to the back panel mute when front audio is connected and notification is just occurring once for connection and once upon disconnection.