Realtek HD Audio Manager not showing the "sound effect" tab

redxmoonx

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2014
i just reset my computer, i have windows 10, i reinstalled my drivers but the sound effect tab wont show up, i tried reinstalling and all. idk what to do, i had it before

Solution
You are using analog speakers? It won't show up if you using digital connection.

Have you looked on motherboard web site to see if you have right driver version? Win 10 may have loaded an old one.

Colif

Win 11 Master
You are using analog speakers? It won't show up if you using digital connection.

Have you looked on motherboard web site to see if you have right driver version? Win 10 may have loaded an old one.

Solution

redxmoonx

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2014

yea they are analog
and yea i used cd that comes with my msi motherboard to install the drivers.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Probably best look on MSI site as there may be newer ones since CD was created. Always a good idea to look on there after an install as win 10 will grab a bundle of drivers for PC but they aren't always the newest drivers.

I am currently using driver version 6.0.1.7748 with analog speakers and have that tab, so I know it should be there. I would give you mine since i never use that tab.

redxmoonx

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2014

yea i just checked and there is a new one, so im downloading it now, they should just ass a update button

Colif

Win 11 Master
The drivers are given to MSI by Realtek so they can possibly add a new skin to launcher, so who adds the update button?

A lot of new motherboards have programs that you can run that update the drivers for you, your board may have one of those.

If the tab doesn't show up, you might need to uninstall the drivers and put the new ones on to get it to show.

redxmoonx

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2014

well... i installed the new driver, it uninstalled the old one too, but no tab

update: well i found the issue, it was "sound blaster cinema" as soon as i uninstalled that thing the tab came back

Colif

Win 11 Master