Realtek HD Audio Manager Problems | ASUS Supreme FX

Mar 8, 2018
I used to have a laptop which has realtek hd audio manager and there is a pop of everytime i put my headphones in.

However, this is not the case after I build my PC with ASUS ROG Strix z370e.
Everytime I put a new device in, SupremeFX shows up, and my headset has a mic, but SupremeFX doesn't detect the mic.
My headset only has 1 of the cable input instead of 2 like some headsets.

https://imgur.com/a/x7CrZ

So now I am left with 2 options:
1. Buy a separate standalone mic (I'm not even sure a usb mic will be detected by supremefx)
2. Uninstall surpemefx and use the old realtek audio manager.
3. Fix surepmefx so it detects my headset's mic.

UPDATE: After a bit googling, there is a possibility my audio connector doesn't accept audio+mic??

Solution
most laptops to save space do have a single 3.5mm jack that does both headphone/mic, it also helps with portability so you dont have to plug multiple things in.

For a desktop it comes with multiple 3.5mm inputs so you can plug multiple items in like 5.1 speakers and a mic all in different ports.

I use a dedicated sound card in my computer and ether have headphones or a pair of monitor speakers plugged in, I also use a Blue snowball usb mic and it has no issues picking it up.

Lutfij

Titan
You can buy this splitter instead
41OUmKDgwsL.jpg

Mind sharing the make and model of your headset?

Mar 8, 2018
most laptops to save space do have a single 3.5mm jack that does both headphone/mic, it also helps with portability so you dont have to plug multiple things in.

For a desktop it comes with multiple 3.5mm inputs so you can plug multiple items in like 5.1 speakers and a mic all in different ports.

I use a dedicated sound card in my computer and ether have headphones or a pair of monitor speakers plugged in, I also use a Blue snowball usb mic and it has no issues picking it up.

Solution