Realtek HD Drivers install/uninstall loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

MorderX

Reputable
Jun 21, 2014
After downloading the latest Realtek HD drivers provided by the motherboard, I was told to restart the PC, which I did. Once I came back on the desktop, the Realtek install wizard was telling me to uninstall so it can install the drivers, then ask to restart again. It goes into a loop. It's the only driver giving me problems on a fresh Windows 10 installation.

UncleDaddySwiss

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2014
First, not to offend you but I tried what you said and it 150% did not work. Now, realizing that I don't really need this driver as I have the PC connected to the TV via HDMI and use the nVidia audio, I would like it to stop launching the Realtek installer every time I restart my computer. How do I stop it?

lildiabetic

Commendable
Aug 2, 2016

I have a custom PC with a Asus motherboard. What I did was go into the bios and disable the on board audio after it prompt me for a restart. Once it finishes restarting you can then go back into the bios and re enable it.

Reactions: Gfost73

Tom Barrister

Commendable
Feb 20, 2016
This error probably occurs because the installation never recognizes that the drivers have been uninstalled.

The solution is to:

1) Close out the installer.

2) Go into Control Panel, then Sound Video, and Game Controllers.

3) Right click on Realtek Audio and uninstall it yourself. Remember to check the box to delete the drivers (I didn't the first two times) or this fix won't work.

4) Reboot the computer. Don't run the installer before you reboot, or you'll be back in the same boat (like I did).

5) Now run the installer again. It will install the drivers and close out. It doesn't ask you to reboot, but it might still be a good idea. You should be good to go.

Note that reinstalling the drivers may set the speaker volume low; this can be fixed by adjusting the slider in audio settings.

lildiabetic

Commendable
Aug 2, 2016

It has to do with Windows automatically installing the driver every time the computer reboots. My solution prevents Windows from installing the driver again and causing the setup to reboot again and again.

Al_Biss

Reputable
Apr 1, 2017

It has to do with Windows automatically installing the driver every time the computer reboots. My solution prevents Windows from installing the driver again and causing the setup to reboot again and again.

Thank you so much!
Worked on first try.

Status
Not open for further replies.