Question Realtek High Definition Audio No Sound

Sten7981

Prominent
Jul 8, 2020
Hi guys

I am using ASUS ROG GU502GU. Few days ago I was using it in the morning without any sound problem. I did not install nor uninstall anything, nor do any updates as I was in no internet connection place. The same evening I was using the laptop again and there was no sound. When the ROG logo appears at booting sequence it makes sound, but after login to Windows, nothing. When I do sound troubleshooting it says "Windows Audio Service" stopped working. I checked the services there are all running.

Trying to update the Realtek High Definition driver makes no difference, rolling it back also no difference. Uninstalling the device and let windows reinstalled itself also make no difference.
The only way so Windows will have sound again is by using the "High Definition Audio Service" generic driver which isn't as good quality I believe.

I've tried all possible fix from the information I found on the net, nothing fixes it. Checking on device manager, device is working properly. So I believe it's not hardware problems.
Any help?

Windows 10 Ver 2004
Realtek HD driver Ver 6.0.8931.1
Thankx