Realtek Network controller in deepsleep mode

PDHamer

Reputable
Oct 13, 2016
So recently my Ethernet port has been playing up. I was playing a game of CS:GO and accidentally knocked out my ethernet cable, once this had happened my whole computer stopped, when I restarted my internet was gone. I tried to reinstall my drivers but was told it was in deep sleep mode. I did the usual things such as go into power settings on my device manager and make it so it doesn't turn off. I have tried taking out my cmos battery leaving it out for 5 mintues then re-inserting it. I have tried taking out my ram for 10 minutes then re-installing them. I have tried loading optimised defaults. Funny thing is now when I go onto my device management tab, my drivers are no longer there. Whenever I try to reinstall them it comes up with unidentified device and then fails to install, but will appear in my device manager on other devices and unidentified. Im honestly lost on what to do now.
The motherboard is an M5A97 With 16gb of Ram. I am sure i am installing the right drivers and have even gone on the realtek website to install those with no luck. Something else I will add my Ethernet cable is missing a clip, so I would always be knocking it out over the past month, I don't know if that would cause an issue. Any help is appreciated.

jjdbm77

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
Purchased a Lenovo u510 with OS now upgraded to Win 10. Suddenly lost the wired Realtek ethernet port adapter connectivity ( no port green/yellow lights, no Realtek Network device under Networks in Device Manager and no Realtek device drivers in BIOS) to my Belkin AC 900 DB router. Initially went through a reinstallation process.
Went through reinstallation process and received the Deep Sleep Mode error.

Here is how to fix: after closing all of your programs and saving any files you were working on, power off the laptop and remove the battery ( if you can't remove it, place laptop in high performance mode, power unplugged) and completely drain the battery ( turn off all power saving settings such as display off, hard drive stop.....) After the laptop stops running power on the laptop and let it die again. Repeat this cycling until the laptop is unresponsive when you hit the power on button. Then wait 10 minutes for the residual battery / electrostatic charge on the motherboard to dissipate and the laptop to die one last time. Press power on button again to make sure there is no electrical charge left. THEN plug in and power on the laptop. Reinstall the most current device driver from the Lenovo(or your computer make/model) support site according to these instructions: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/diagnose-and-fix/detail.page?DocID=TS000519. Presto, your Realtek network adapter will now show up and be functional in the Device Manager. You are good to go. ADDITIONALLY, you can buy on the open market an additional WIFI Dongle for 20-$30 which will fit in your usb port. Make sure you get an AC Dongle... higher throughput speeds. Now you have a backup to your wired ethernet port should it ever go down again, or in fact, ultimately break.