[SOLVED] Realtek not communicating with Logitech Z906

Mar 27, 2020
Hi everybody!

So, my logitech z906 always worked fine on my computer, but suddenly it stopped.
It seems that Realtek doesn't recognize it as a speaker, but it does appear that it is connected on the back of the computer (Screenshot_1).

And when i reconnect the cables from z906, it even asks me if it's a sound speaker or a headset, and it still not working.
Before, it would appear 2 realtek speaker devices (my headset and the logitech z906), now it's only appearing the headset (Screenshot_2).

i've tried reinstalling realtek like 3 times. And i noticed that when i unninstalled it, it would appear another sound device at the sound manager(btw it wasn't working - Screenshot_3). But when i installed it again, it disappeared. And yes, both ends are safely plugged.

PS.: Sorry for my bad english, i'm from Brazil.

Screenshot_1:
f0EEde.png

Screenshot_2:
IsLG90.png

Screenshot_3:

8YGaMF.png

Is there a way i can fix this?

Thank You All!

Solution
Just tested it, didn't hear a sound.
That's strange.
Damn! I just figured it out!!
Turns out that it has 5 inputs options on the z906 controller, it was selected at 5. I just switched to 3 and it worked. Lol i feel so dumb now.

Anyways, thank you for your effort on helping me Vic 40!

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
The Portugees is throwing me off,but it seems to be recognized?

Thought the green was all you need since the other speakers are connected to the subwoofer.

What motherboard btw? Seems you have a digital output as well which can be tried. If you have that cable.

Mar 27, 2020
The Portugees is throwing me off,but it seems to be recognized?

Thought the green was all you need since the other speakers are connected to the subwoofer.

What motherboard btw? Seems you have a digital output as well which can be tried. If you have that cable.
Yes, it seems to be recognizing it, but it's not working.

I have a MSI X470.
I just plugged the optic cable, realtek recognizes it, but it's still not working.

JbHWCe.png

I'm beginning to think that the problem it's on the hardware of the sound system.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2020
Just tested it, didn't hear a sound.
That's strange.
Damn! I just figured it out!!
Turns out that it has 5 inputs options on the z906 controller, it was selected at 5. I just switched to 3 and it worked. Lol i feel so dumb now.

Anyways, thank you for your effort on helping me Vic 40!

Solution