Realtek RTL8111H vs Intel i219v

May 15, 2018
I want to buy a motherboard for my ganing rig but i dont know what should i choose: MSI z370-a pro with Realtek RTL8111H or MSI Gaming Plus with Intel i219v.

Here are the prices (in my country):
MSI z370-a pro= 140 USD
MSI Gaming Plus= 160 USD

Solution
Pretty much a personal choice I suspect. There will not be much difference in the performance. You internet connection and the distance to the servers will have much more impact.

There is no such thing as a "gaming" network nic. This is advertising hype like they used to put "turbo" on everything.

None of these so called gaming nic features can control other machines either inside your house or on the internet. Almost all problems with lag in games are related to other peoples traffic.

The only way a gaming nic could do something is to control traffic between applications on your machine. It pretty much would only be used for someone doing something stupid like running torrents in the background while paying games. It...
Pretty much a personal choice I suspect. There will not be much difference in the performance. You internet connection and the distance to the servers will have much more impact.

There is no such thing as a "gaming" network nic. This is advertising hype like they used to put "turbo" on everything.

None of these so called gaming nic features can control other machines either inside your house or on the internet. Almost all problems with lag in games are related to other peoples traffic.

The only way a gaming nic could do something is to control traffic between applications on your machine. It pretty much would only be used for someone doing something stupid like running torrents in the background while paying games. It is much simpler to just not do stupid stuff and only run the game on the machine when you want good performance.

Solution
May 15, 2018

Thank you

Dec 24, 2018

so it could fx give better performance when you're downloading a steam game in the background whilst playing games or using the internet? Because currently I can't do anything online whilst downloading, would this NIC then make that performance better?

Well if you actually cared about game performance you would not download at all and you would stop all other programs since all use CPU and memory as well as network.

It tends to work better to set the download rates in the steam client to not overload your internet connection. The nic can really only do upload traffic well download traffic uses the internet bandwidth before it gets to your PC so it has limited ability.