[SOLVED] Rear audio jacks not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 7, 2021
So this happened overnight, not sure what happened. Nothing gets detected in the audio jacks in the back of my pc.
My motherboard is asus b350m-a and I've had it for a couple years. I went through this thread that I made a while back but those steps didn't help at all.
I've tried with multiple headphones and none work, windows doesn't detect them at all. They work fine in other systems.

Be sure to tell me if there's any additional information I need to add, happy to add anything to help me fix this issue.

Not sure what to do, really. Hoping I can get some help from here, cheers.

Solution
Case jacks work OK? Did you make sure the audio software did not remap the jacks? Quite a few motherboards can change what the ports do in software. If you checked all you can, there is a simple answer left, the jack is broken.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please state your specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

If you're on Windows 10, then restting the OS doesn't help in any manner, shape or form. If you're on Windows 10, include the version of your OS. As for your platform, make sure that you're on the latest BIOS version. If you're on Windows 10 and on version 21H1, and that you're using the rear I/O audio ports off the motherboard, then uninstall your audio drivers and reinstall them with the latest version found off of Asus's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Please include the make(s) and model(s) of the headsets you've used for troubleshooting audio.

So this happened overnight, not sure what happened. Nothing gets detected in the audio jacks in the back of my pc.
My motherboard is asus b350m-a and I've had it for a couple years. I went through this thread that I made a while back but those steps didn't help at all.
I've tried with multiple headphones and none work, windows doesn't detect them at all. They work fine in other systems.

Be sure to tell me if there's any additional information I need to add, happy to add anything to help me fix this issue.

Not sure what to do, really. Hoping I can get some help from here, cheers.
Some update may have changed sound output to Nvidia which transmits digital sound to GPU (HDMI).
Did you try to install Realtek drivers from Asus. Recently they switched to UAD drivers and with W1o you also need APP "Realtek Audio Control" from Store.

Aug 7, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please state your specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

If you're on Windows 10, then restting the OS doesn't help in any manner, shape or form. If you're on Windows 10, include the version of your OS. As for your platform, make sure that you're on the latest BIOS version. If you're on Windows 10 and on version 21H1, and that you're using the rear I/O audio ports off the motherboard, then uninstall your audio drivers and reinstall them with the latest version found off of Asus's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Please include the make(s) and model(s) of the headsets you've used for troubleshooting audio.

CPU: i5 9600k
Motherboard: asus b360m-a
Ram: Kingston 32gb (2 sticks) 3200mhz ddr4
SSD/HDD: wd blue sn550 1tb nvme m.2 ssd
GPU: msi geforce rtx 3060 ti 8gb gaming x trio
PSU: evga 650 gq gold certified
Chassis: some fractal design midi tower

Not sure if this is the info you need but I hope it's right

Headphones are Hyperx cloud alpha II and steelseries siberia v3

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2021
Some update may have changed sound output to Nvidia which transmits digital sound to GPU (HDMI).
Did you try to install Realtek drivers from Asus. Recently they switched to UAD drivers and with W1o you also need APP "Realtek Audio Control" from Store.

I'll try doing this

Aug 7, 2021
I used DDU to uninstall my audio drivers (again) and downloaded via asus website and still my headphones dont get detected.

Side note, audio via hdmi and display port works

Status
Not open for further replies.