[SOLVED] Rear case fan momentarily loses power during booting?

kurochan_24

Honorable
Oct 25, 2014
Hey guys, just my observation. I moved my components to a new case. So it has a rear fan preinstalled and it's connected to the sys fan header of the motherboard (motherboard is gigabyte h310m h 2.0). What I have observed is, once powered on, the fan will run and during start up it will like lose power for a second and comes close to stop spinning then run again. Which is weird as it never happened with the previous build. So is the new fan defective or my mobo has a problem? For the record, the front fan which was directly connected with 3 pin to molex doesn't show any stopping. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hey guys, just my observation. I moved my components to a new case. So it has a rear fan preinstalled and it's connected to the sys fan header of the motherboard (motherboard is gigabyte h310m h 2.0). What I have observed is, once powered on, the fan will run and during start up it will like lose power for a second and comes close to stop spinning then run again. Which is weird as it never happened with the previous build. So is the new fan defective or my mobo has a problem? For the record, the front fan which was directly connected with 3 pin to molex doesn't show any stopping. Thanks in advance.

Sounds like a false boot --my Gigabyte board does that. All fans connected to motherboard spin at full speed, then stopping at BIOS...

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014

Sounds like a false boot --my Gigabyte board does that. All fans connected to motherboard spin at full speed, then stopping at BIOS screen, then properly spinning before the Windows login screen. Yeah, it sounds stupid but I've had several systems do that no problem.

The front fan always spinning is result of it being plugged in straight to the PSU --the PSU has no false boot command from the motherboard so the fan doesn't care what the motherboard is doing.

Solution

kurochan_24

Honorable
Oct 25, 2014
Sounds like a false boot --my Gigabyte board does that. All fans connected to motherboard spin at full speed, then stopping at BIOS screen, then properly spinning before the Windows login screen. Yeah, it sounds stupid but I've had several systems do that no problem.

The front fan always spinning is result of it being plugged in straight to the PSU --the PSU has no false boot command from the motherboard so the fan doesn't care what the motherboard is doing.

Thank a lot! Took some weight off my mind.