Rear exhaust fan making loud noise on startup?

cjdeckerr

Reputable
Apr 25, 2015
So recently I built my first pc, and up until about 3 days ago I noticed my pc would make a weird, loud noise on start up, but after about 5 minutes, and my entry to windows, it would slowly fade away, and be completely gone by the time I could remove my side panel and inspect it. So, I moved my pc and removed the side panel to were I could see all of my components, and have confirmed that it is the rear exhaust fan. I turned my pc on, and sure enough the noise emerged. I put my finger on the rear exhaust fan to slow it down and the noise would stop instantly. After 5 minutes, like I said, the noise went away. Is this because its just new? Or what could be causing this? Thank you.

cjdeckerr

Reputable
Apr 25, 2015
Ah I was dreading that. I will most likely just deal with it but if it gets worse I will replace it. Thank you!

cjdeckerr

Reputable
Apr 25, 2015
My entire setup is only a couple weeks old, and I made sure that nothing was even near the fan blades.

Jacob_156

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017
Make sure the exhaust side of the fan is facing outwards. Same thing was happening to me, then I realized that I had put the exhaust fans in backwards. I turned off the pc and flipped them, then I turned it back on and the problem was no longer a thing.