Question Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device Issue

May 24, 2023
A while ago, I had an issue with my motherboard. Because I was going off to college I declined to fix it because I had a laptop that worked well. When I came home, I replaced the motherboard and booted the system up on my parent's setup, and everything worked fine. Because I was about a year off from any Windows updates, I decided to update my Windows and get everything working (during this time I also plugged in an external hard drive if this is important). Once the updates were complete, I unplugged everything and about two days later when I set up my own setup in my room, I get the "Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device" error. I have tried to set my SSD (which has Windows) as the priority to boot and things like that. I can't seem to find the problem when my computer was working just fine 2 days prior.

Specs-
MB - B365M-HDV
CPU - Intel i5-9400F
GPU - 1660 TI
SSD - WD 500G2B0B-00YS70
PSU - CoolerMaster Masterwatt Lite 600W
OS - Windows 11

Anything helps, thank you.

Last edited:
update the BIOS to version 3.31 of your motherboard using instantflash

which power supply are you using? brand and model

could be a compatibility issue or your SSD is going to fail
remove the SSD and reinsert it, try booting again

May 24, 2023
update the BIOS to version 3.31 of your motherboard using instantflash

which power supply are you using? brand and model

could be a compatibility issue or your SSD is going to fail
remove the SSD and reinsert it, try booting again
My PSU is a CoolerMaster Masterwatt Lite 600W also when I checked the BIOS versions, there was no 3.31. There is however a v4.41 that says "Optimize NVME SSD compatibility." in its description. Do you think that that could fix the issue?

May 24, 2023
could fix the windows 11 compatibility issue :)

my bad, was a typo, it´s the 4.41. I would install if I were in your situation
Just installed the new BIOS as well as reinstalled the SSD itself. They both lead back to the same issue. If it helps, last night when I was messing around, I created a Windows Media file and plugged it into my pc, and ran it. When attempting to troubleshoot, it would almost immediately say that it couldn't and when I tried to install Windows 11, it said that my computer was not compatible with Windows 11.