"Reboot and Select proper Boot device" on new Skytech Shadow

Jun 2, 2018
Word of warning, I'm not quite as tech savvy as I should be (not even sure what category to put this in). Long story short, I just recently got a Skytech Shadow gaming pc, but when I try to run it, I'm taken directly to a menu saying "Reboot and Select proper Boot device". I've gone into the boot menu and tried selecting each of the 3 options I'm given, but nothing comes of it. I had to get a vga to hdmi adapter in order to connect the pc with my monitor, but I'm unsure if something like that would affect this. Any help is appreciated.

USAFRet

Titan

This is a prebuilt system?
What operating system is supposed to be on it?

Jun 2, 2018

Yes, it's prebuilt. It should have Windows 10 Pro.

Jun 2, 2018

I just unboxed the pc today. I haven't been able to get it to run due to this problem unfortunately.

USAFRet

Titan

It has never worked?
I'd be on the phone right quick to their support line.
"Fix this NOW"

Don't mess with it yourself. Anything you do beyond pressing the power button may make it worse, and they WILL blame it entirely on you.

Jun 2, 2018

That's unfortunate. Seems I won't be able to reach them until Monday. Thank you for the help though.

USAFRet

Titan

This could be any of a dozen or more problems.
Bad hard drive
OS never, or not fully, installed
Bad drive cable
Disconnected cable
Bad motherboard
on and on...

You bought it, they delivered it.
It is supposed to work, right out of the box.

If you mess with it, any faults will be blamed on you poking around.

Just like if you had a new stove delivered.
Turn the knob...no heat.
How do you fix it? You don't. You call the company and make them fix it.

CaptainCretin

Respectable
Jul 18, 2016
The most likely cause is a SATA or power cable coming loose during transport; however as above, if you open it, they will claim the warranty is void.

What are the specs, does it have more than 1 SSD/HDD ??

There is the possibility they boobed and forgot to set the correct drive in the BIOS.

However, you need to check HDD Priority before Boot Order; if the the drive with the OS on it isnt listed as #1 in the Priority list, it may not even show up on the Boot Order list.

(I have this on my Asus board).

Latest posts