Reboot and select proper boot device

joezkg

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
thank god for being here in tom's, i am having a problem since i bought a new emx-mcp61d3-icafe motherboard, it's a am3 socket(b'coz my previous motherboard was a biostar ddr2).everytime i tried to reformat my hardrive it always shows a "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key" although my OS is bootable. ive check my BIOS that is prioritize the (1st boot) CD\DVD drive and my second boot is my 320 WD HDD.. my HDD is not corrupted because my windows XP is healthy,i just want to reformat in windows 7 64bit OS so that i could use my 4gb 1333mhz & 2 gb 1333mhz RAM...

Is there something wrong with my bootable cd or my bios set-up?!! here is my computer spec for some info..
amd athlon x2 240
4gb corsair ddr3 1333mhz
emx-mcp6d13-icafe motherboard
WD 320gb hdd blue caviar

.. please help me... thank you... :cry:

Solution
A hard drive can be formatted 1000's of times. I don't think that's the problem. You can always run the drive manufacturer's diagnostic tools on it to see if it's ok. Of course the drive needs to be in a working computer in order to run the diagnostics.

joezkg

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012

i have already try the windows 7 into dvd.. but its always said "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key"..

i have done so many reformats into new OS before but im using a ddr2 motherboard its a diffrent BIOS on ddr3 motherboard,at the same way of doing a format procedure...
1. to first boot into CD\DVD drive
2. and the second is my HDD...
3. save changes and press ok...
4.boot up
5. "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key" :cry:

joezkg

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
my cd/dvd is bootable.. im sure my cd/dvd drive is working coz it can burn a dvd... if its not working why im still using it for burning cd's?... and my cd is bootable too coz ive try it in virtual box...

Then I'm at a loss. If the win 7 dvd is bootable in a VM, it should be bootable by your computer as long as the 1st boot device is the cd/dvd. Since your bios is stating "select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key" then I say there is something wrong with the cd/dvd.

Sorry I couldn't be of help.

joezkg

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
As i noticed maybe my cd/dvd drive is not working properly.but how could it be?! coz im still using it for burning music and videos.. well thankx for all your replies.. im still working on it...

joezkg

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
i have tried into windows xp and still the same problem..i have created a new disk.. i have check the sata and power sata. i think my HDD Got the error coz i have reformatted it so many times and one of my neoghbor here told me that it was cause by it.. is it true that reformatting HDD so many times will cause a damage?!!!

A hard drive can be formatted 1000's of times. I don't think that's the problem. You can always run the drive manufacturer's diagnostic tools on it to see if it's ok. Of course the drive needs to be in a working computer in order to run the diagnostics.

Solution

joezkg

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012