[SOLVED] Reboot and select proper boot device.

Sylveous

Reputable
Apr 4, 2019
So this is not my pc. I'm making this post on behalf of a friend. So far what has happened is it refuses to go past the screen "Reboot and select proper boot device". The motherboard is a:
MSI B450M BAZOOKA V2 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
The cpu is : AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Video card is the gtx 1050 ti
And the usual corsair pro 16gb 3200 ram.

Unsure as to what brand her hard drives are as they're the only unupgraded parts. There's two of them, and i'm certain neither is a SSD. Is there some steps we can take to make sure its not the hard drive without having to have another pc? I'm plannin on sending another pc over soon, but for now all we have is the power of our hands.

PS: I'm only somewhat tech savy. I can build pcs and identify minor issues. So i can sort of understand your lingo. I know the issue is hard drive related. That's about it.

Edit: This happened completely randomly. We have no idea what caused it. it just shut down and didnt turn back on.

Last edited:
Solution
As an update to this post, we have determined that the hard drive itself is malfucntioning, and we had to install windows on the second one to avoid any more bluescreens. Hard drive failure is an annoying thing.

Sylveous

Reputable
Apr 4, 2019
As an update to this post, we have determined that the hard drive itself is malfucntioning, and we had to install windows on the second one to avoid any more bluescreens. Hard drive failure is an annoying thing.

Solution