[SOLVED] Rebuild won’t boot,

Dec 5, 2021
I am currently rebuilding a pc I’ve had in my closet for about 3 years and I am running into a problem.

With all components in place the cpu fan will spin for about half a second and then stop. (Note all of the components are the same as the last time the pc was running)

I have since more or less breadboarded the pc down to RAM, CPU, and PCU and the problem persists.

So far I’ve reset the BIOS using both CMOS jumper and mobo battery, checked all the PSU connections, changed the RAM/RAM Slot, and tried a known working PSU. Still to the same results.

While troubleshooting I decided to play around with my BIOS (not CMOS) jumper and found that if the jumper was not in either positions (the MoBo has two BIOS positions) the fans would seem to spin up and stay on; however, there is no display or any other signs of life. I don’t have a mobo speaker so no great feedback from that pov.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Mobo: Asrock Z97 Killer

Solution
I am currently rebuilding a pc I’ve had in my closet for about 3 years and I am running into a problem.

With all components in place the cpu fan will spin for about half a second and then stop. (Note all of the components are the same as the last time the pc was running)

I have since more or less breadboarded the pc down to RAM, CPU, and PCU and the problem persists.

So far I’ve reset the BIOS using both CMOS jumper and mobo battery, checked all the PSU connections, changed the RAM/RAM Slot, and tried a known working PSU. Still to the same results.

While troubleshooting I decided to play around with my BIOS (not CMOS) jumper and found that if the jumper was not in either positions (the MoBo has two BIOS positions) the fans would...

While troubleshooting I decided to play around with my BIOS (not CMOS) jumper and found that if the jumper was not in either positions (the MoBo has two BIOS positions) the fans would seem to spin up and stay on; however, there is no display or any other signs of life. I don’t have a mobo speaker so no great feedback from that pov.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Mobo: Asrock Z97 Killer
If you have a volt meter check the bios bat.
If no meter replace the bat.

Solution