Receiving motherboard surge protection warnings after upgrading graphics card.

Kittasin

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
I recently upgraded my graphics card to an GeForce GTX 1070. Since putting the new graphics card in I have been having an issue where the computer would randomly shut off, bringing up a bios screen with a warning about a power surge in the previous boot. As far as I am aware the power supply an EVGA SuperNOVER 750 G2 should be able to support all the parts in the computer, listed below. If anyone could think what the issue is it would be much appreciated before I resort to trying to replace the PSU.

--UPDATE--
The graphics card at the moment doesn't seem to be functioning, Its definitely receiving power but on boot the colored LED's don't light up, the fans don't spin and there is nothing on the screen. This happened previously after the first power surge but resolved itself after a few days of the machine being unplugged.

Thanks

Basic Parts List
Intel Core i7-6700k 4.0ghz quad core
ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 STRIX Direct CU III
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4
Asus MAXIMUS VIII HERO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Kittasin

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016

Hi Sorry I have managed resolve this it was an issue with the psu, the fan was not spinning so was overheating I got a refund on it and have replaced it. Thanks for the reply anyway.