[SOLVED] Recent FPS drops in several games

Nov 26, 2021
As my headline states I've been dealing with substantial FPS drops in quite a few games but other games work perfectly fine. I have an i9 10900K OC 5.1GHz, 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz, & RTX 3070..

Some of the things I've tried so far (unsuccessfully): Uninstalling/reinstalling games, updating drivers and reverting to older drivers, updating and scaling back windows updates, checking for malware, monitoring temps, etc.

For example I recently downloaded Halo Infinite and the game runs perfectly as I'm getting around 150+ FPS, I play BF2042 with friends and it runs fine, I play some Civilation IV and no issues. BUT if I play Phasmophobia, Rust, Sea of Thieves the games are unplayable. I can't make heads or tails of whats going on here. My system is only about a year old, I've got good components, no CPU bottlenecking, temps rarely get out of the 70 decree Celsius range. Any help is appreciated

Update: Tried a few other things after seeing some solved threads: Updated BIOS, updated to Windows 11, ran UserBenchmark (results): https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/48208974

Still no change

Last edited:
Solution
I found the problem. It was the Citrix Workspace app, I deleted it and immediately fixed my issues. I used it to work from home but I have alternatives, would recommend anyone having the same issues does the same
Nov 26, 2021
I found the problem. It was the Citrix Workspace app, I deleted it and immediately fixed my issues. I used it to work from home but I have alternatives, would recommend anyone having the same issues does the same

Solution