[SOLVED] Recently got some bad blocks on my ST3000DM008

Jan 17, 2020
Hey everyone, I recently got a BSOD. I wasn't sure what caused it, but I can see that my Seagate Barracuda now has 8 bad blocks. Is it possible that the BSOD caused the bad blocks, or instead the HDD 'failure' resulted in a BSOD? The drive is a little under 2 years old, should I be expecting a failure? I've already backed up important data, so I'm not worried.

Solution
All drives, even brand new out of the box, are subject to dying.
Maintain current backups, and always be prepared to replace.

It is possible that the drive caused the BSOD, but without more specific info, no way to tell from out here.

USAFRet

Titan

It is possible that the drive caused the BSOD, but without more specific info, no way to tell from out here.

Solution
Jan 17, 2020

Yeah... I recently figured that out myself and I'm pretty sad to be honest lol... Would you recommend me a cloud storage service? I've read people talking a lot about Amazon, Google and Backblaze... From what I've read, BB has the best prices which is very relevant to me.

Also, it might soud a bit weird, but I really like to keep the original folders and files creation date and I'm very concerned about it. Would any of these cloud storage services do that work?

USAFRet

Titan
Yeah... I recently figured that out myself and I'm pretty sad to be honest lol... Would you recommend me a cloud storage service? I've read people talking a lot about Amazon, Google and Backblaze... From what I've read, BB has the best prices which is very relevant to me.

Also, it might soud a bit weird, but I really like to keep the original folders and files creation date and I'm very concerned about it. Would any of these cloud storage services do that work?
I don't use traditional cloud storage, so I can't recommend any specifics.

I use a combination of local scheduled backups, and a drive stored at work for anything really critical/life changing.