[SOLVED] Recently installed GTX 1050 ti and having issues already

Dec 22, 2019
I recently got my GPU earlier today and I had no problems installing it. It's Palit GTX 1050ti and it's paired with Ryzen 3 2200G.

My first problem is the custom resolution, whenever I go beyond my native resolution, I receive the message "Input not supported" but I still get display but the message is annoying so I'm stuck with 1366x768. But before I used Nvidia, I'm using AMD's control panel which had Virtual Super Resolution which I had no problems going to 2k resolution. I suspect it is the cable since I used DVI to VGA converter but I can't confirm that.

Next is the high CPU usage whenever I play valorant though I haven't tested other games (I'll post my results on other games later). I get 60-80% CPU usage with the same usage percentage on GPU but lower.

lOtn9C6.png

sxJjc7Z.jpg

Solution
Everything is set to High for every game and I use windows settings to change resolutions. I run my games in native resolutions but I prefer running my desktop on a higher resolution so I could use more space when I'm working.

My system specs are:
Gigabyte A320M-S2H v2 (Bios Version: F50)
Ryzen 3 2200G
Palit GTX 1050 ti (457.09)
Different Ram Sticks (Both 8gb, HyperX and T-Force at 2666mhz)

I confirmed the issue with "Input not Supported", its really the adapter that causes it. I guess I'll just buy another again

Why buy another adapter instead of getting a monitor with the correct connections? A used 1080 monitor with modern connections can be found for like $30-40 for 22" sizes if you get a standard non-gaming class one...
% of CPU and GPU usage does not say anything on it's own, it is what it is on the system you have and the game it's running. If you increase the quality settings or lower them the numbers will go up or down. They will also change as you change hardware. Need some better details here, you are setting the custom resolution in games or in Windows? If you want to do upscaling in resolution for sharper images you should go through the game options and select it there.

Also you need to list full system specs, CPU, what video card you swapped from, what happens when you run the game benchmarks on the standard monitor resolution?

The real solution to your problem would be to get a newer 1080 monitor with modern connections, using adapters is always an issue when trouble-shooting.

Dec 22, 2019
% of CPU and GPU usage does not say anything on it's own, it is what it is on the system you have and the game it's running. If you increase the quality settings or lower them the numbers will go up or down. They will also change as you change hardware. Need some better details here, you are setting the custom resolution in games or in Windows? If you want to do upscaling in resolution for sharper images you should go through the game options and select it there.

Also you need to list full system specs, CPU, what video card you swapped from, what happens when you run the game benchmarks on the standard monitor resolution?

The real solution to your problem would be to get a newer 1080 monitor with modern connections, using adapters is always an issue when trouble-shooting.
Everything is set to High for every game and I use windows settings to change resolutions. I run my games in native resolutions but I prefer running my desktop on a higher resolution so I could use more space when I'm working.

My system specs are:
Ryzen 3 2200G

I confirmed the issue with "Input not Supported", its really the adapter that causes it. I guess I'll just buy another again

My system specs are:
Ryzen 3 2200G

Why buy another adapter instead of getting a monitor with the correct connections? A used 1080 monitor with modern connections can be found for like $30-40 for 22" sizes if you get a standard non-gaming class one. I've even seen some for $20-25. Would make a lot more sense then buying another adapter.

Solution