Question Recently moved to new house and have to replug a million times every start-up just to use ethernet

Oct 23, 2021
I recently moved to a new house and when I tried plugging in the internet cable (since my pc doesn't support wifi) it didn't work. At some point it did work and I thought it was fixed, until I started up my pc the next morning and I had no internet. After replugging it a hundred times it worked. Every time I start up or even wake it up from sleepmode, LAN light doesn't even light up. I have no internet.

Not only that, but this is the only pc that has this problem. When I plugged this cable into another laptop, it did work on the first try.

Currently stuck on USB tethering with my phone with only 2Mbps. Already tried different ports and this pc is quite new (built in December 2021). Old house didn't have this problem.

It's a Gigabyte B560M AORUS PRO Micro ATX.

Anything will help

So is this a direct ethernet cable to your router or does it go through wall jacks.

Ethernet cables are very strange when they go bad. They can work on some devices and not others. If this is a simple patch cable the easy first thing to try is a different cable. If they are wall jacks then it becomes more complex since it can be some issue with a loose wire in either or the patch cables on either end.

If these are direct ethernet cables then the computer doesn't know it is in a different house. Since nothing else is being affected your new internet connection itself is likely fine.

I would check the bios setting and be sure there is no low power or energy saving mode. You can check windows setting also, you never know what garbage microsoft puts in patches.

In general no lights mean a physical problem.