[SOLVED] Recomendation: Network Card

Feb 18, 2022
Hello.
So, I'm in need of a new network card since mine is fried.
I've read some about it and identified that what I need is a 10/100/1000 Gigabit card, but that's how far my understanding can go, so I'm here to ask some advice about what card I should be buying.
I work from home with data and it's important to have a good quality of data transferring. With that said, does anyone can help me with some directions?
Thanks you.

That technology is so old now that all the chip makers have stolen all each other secrets so you see no difference in performance. If you were asking about a 2.5g card those still have lots of problems even on name brands like intel so those the brand makes more difference.

Reactions: Karbon
Feb 18, 2022
Depends on what you are plugging it into, but in general pretty much any 10/100/1000 ethernet adapter is going to be alright.
Tp-Link, Startech, Rosewill, I suppose you could splurge on an Intel card.
Well, it's a normal ethernet to modem connection. Is there any difference?

That technology is so old now that all the chip makers have stolen all each other secrets so you see no difference in performance. If you were asking about a 2.5g card those still have lots of problems even on name brands like intel so those the brand makes more difference.
That's pretty funny.
I'm talking about even less, 1gb card actually.
What do you suggest then?

USAFRet

Titan
Reactions: Karbon
Solution