Question Recommend AOC VG259QM when not stable 280/240fps?

svat

Prominent
Aug 18, 2020
Hello, i have r5 3600 and rtx 2070, Is this monitor worth it when i have in fps games like csgo 240 fps on average in valorant 210fps. Is it worth it or i should get less hz monitor? Im thinking about upgrading pc in future so is it worth it to buy now? And my next question is: now i have 144hz gsync compatible lcd, and every time when my fps drops near my max hz lets say 160fps it feels much more laggy than when i have stable 220 fps, it gets back to normal smootheness when i get to gsync range wich is logical but when im out of gsync range near max hz it feels laggy. Is it normal behavior on 144hz? Will it be on 280 hz too? Because in some games i can go to 300fps and its near gsync range. But in other way i heard the larger the hz the less the ghosting/motion blur.
Thanks for answers.

My experience of 240Hz is limited to a PG279QM which I have had for about a month. This was an upgrade over a GL83A 144Hz. My favourite game at the moment is Vanguard multiplayer where I average 160-190fps depending on the map. I noticed a decent improvement with my upgrade. The image is noticeable clearer with fast movements. My guess is this is due to the faster pixel response resulting in less smearing. Thing is I never noticed any smearing with my old monitor or other 144Hz/120Hz displays I use but now having gone 240Hz it is easily noticeable if I use my old monitor which I am using as a 2nd monitor.

As for G-Sync near the max refresh rate I never had any issue with my GL83A but after lots of trialing I ended up with G-Sync off with monitor. I use G-Sync on with my new monitor.

svat

Prominent
Aug 18, 2020
Thanks for answer. My old 144hz was tn panel and ive got problems with ghosting. People who will upgrade from 60hz cant see that ghosting but ive got like 4 monitors in last 2 years so i can see every lag, tear and everything and it bother me so i need the cleanest clarity wich vg259qm should have with things like overdrive and Asus elmb, only problem with this monitor is that on 60hz it has insane inputlag(it was tested on 60hz because of console gamers) but otherwise it should be one of the best in class, 280hz ips