Recommend me a GPU for my PC

AleksiDj52

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017
Hello Everyone in a couple of weeks ill buy a new GPU because this current GPU is almost dead and i want to know which GPU will be balanced with my PC. My PC can get upto 1080 ti but the CPU is not really that strong. I was thinking buying GTX 1050 TI 4gb on an I5 750 2.8ghz CPU but will it be balanced?. I want VRAM at least 2-4gb. My question is how balanced will my PC be with the 1050 ti? I mean will it bottleneck or perform well? on price about 210 euros or less

Specs:
Motherboard: GA-P55M-UD2
CPU: I5 750 2.8ghz
SSD:Samsung 860 EVO 500gb
GPU:Geforce GT 9800 512mb VRAM not the 1gb version
RAM:12gb corsair DDR3

Thank you

I wouldn't agree that the GTX1060 is a good balance. It's a little too strong for your CPU. It's the relatively low turbo speed of 3.2 for that CPU. For any game that is demanding, the CPU won't turbo that high as all four cores will be in use, so the CPU would hold back FPS a little.. The 1050ti is a better choice, but if your gaming at 1080p you won't be able to get high settings in new games and maintain 60fps. But for most other games the CPU/GPU combo will be fine.

AleksiDj52

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017

Correct i thought about it the 1060 and its too powerful. The 1050 ti is a better choice but i wouldn't mind not getting 60 fps on 1080p if i get about 45-55fps im happy. I can change the settings also in the games in how much can the CPU/GPU can hold (graphics resolution or quality)

Getting 60fps, give smoothness, so dialling back settings to medium will give you that. I know people bang on about ultra and highest in game settings, but often then difference isn't that big. Medium as a balance to keep up the FPS is a good option.

Good luck with the system :)

PS After that though, don't put any more dollars into that machine. There are so many good value options now, it's cheap enough to get started with a system that would devour your current one.

AleksiDj52

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017

Im not the type of guy that max all the settings in their game and PC struggles to handle. I will change the settings and see what's best and the quality doesnt make a big difference. Thank you :). After i get the 1050 ti my PC is done i mean no more upgrades because 3 days ago i bought the SSD because my PC ran too some problems and i thought the HDD (which i had before) was the problem but that wasnt it then i realised it was the GPU (if you can help me with the issue search in motherboard section and write "Help me with my PC" and you'll see a big story). Also i almost have the money for
the GPU. Ive been saving for quite a while