Question Recommend me a psu

Jul 3, 2021
Hello I need a psu that's 650w and under 100$. My psu got busted recently but it was Ibuypower psu so I guess that's good? Can anyone recommend me a good one

Ralston18

Titan
How did "psu got busted" happen?

I am not taking the quote literally but it is useful to know more about the circumstances and what happened.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

How was the need for 650 watts determined?

Start here:

Best Power Supplies of 2021 - Top PSUs for Gaming PCs | Tom's Hardware

Use two or three of the calculators to determine the wattage requirement,

Do not skimp on the PSU. Quality is a requirement so be prepared to increase your budget.

Identify 3 or 4 potential PSU candidates. Then go online to look for the User Guide/Installation Manuals. Read FAQ and Forums.

Do not mix and match cables from other PSUs.

Jul 3, 2021
How did "psu got busted" happen?

I am not taking the quote literally but it is useful to know more about the circumstances and what happened.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

How was the need for 650 watts determined?

Start here:

Best Power Supplies of 2021 - Top PSUs for Gaming PCs | Tom's Hardware

Use two or three of the calculators to determine the wattage requirement,

Do not skimp on the PSU. Quality is a requirement so be prepared to increase your budget.

Identify 3 or 4 potential PSU candidates. Then go online to look for the User Guide/Installation Manuals. Read FAQ and Forums.

Do not mix and match cables from other PSUs.

Thanks for the link. I already picked the ones that look promising. Can you tell me which one is better

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LYGFRL6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_V6EE5ZHWF7R4MYFZK0DG

Or

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WDLTKNM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_dl_2463128D578AE473CX48

Ralston18

Titan
Not (full disclosure) directly familiar with either PSU.

However, if I were in similar circumstances I would go with the G3.

Reason: More ratings, higher ratings.

Noise levels, efficiency, etc. being somewhat subjective and with specs heavily sprinkled with marketing speak.

On the other hand the G5 is a newer product and it may take time for the "ratings" to catch up. 10 Year Warranty vs 7 year...

Will defer to other suggestions by those with actual experience using either PSU.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead