Mouse
DVD-RW
Speakers
CPU Air Cooler
Case fans
No RGB
No overclocking

I was leaning towards Corsair RM1000 Gold
But if power usage would be much lower I might skip such high wattage PSU.
I was also reading there are no difference between Gold/Platinum/Titanium. Maybe $2 saving per month which is often no worth the psu price. Not sure if true.

What do you recommend?

Endre

Reputable
Hi all

I'm building an AMD based PC now,

3950x
64GB
x570-P or x570-Plus
Probably RTX 3080
Monitor
Keyboard
Mouse
DVD-RW
Speakers
CPU Air Cooler
Case fans
No RGB
No overclocking

I was leaning towards Corsair RM1000 Gold
But if power usage would be much lower I might skip such high wattage PSU.
I was also reading there are no difference between Gold/Platinum/Titanium. Maybe $2 saving per month which is often no worth the psu price. Not sure if true.

What do you recommend?

Corsair RM850x.

Feb 5, 2021
Thanks guys.

Depends on the region and local pricings. Where are you from? I believe a good 750W will do, and if you want extra security go with 850W. 1000W is unecessary.

The reason I brought up 1000w was mostly to secure future upgradability.
In a few years I'd have to grab new parts which would be more power hungry.

If you guys are sure 750 will cut it, I'll go with 750w. But if not, I think 1000w would save me some trouble down the line? Because at some point if I'm using a 850w one would suggest 1000w for "extra security" and I don't want to be changing PSU every 2-4 years. (I want rust and cobwebs on it) :D

So I think the question comes down to, what do you mean by "extra security"?
Does that mean system would draw an unexpected amount of power at some unexpected times which would exceed 750w?

If you guys are sure 750 will cut it, I'll go with 750w. But if not, I think 1000w would save me some trouble down the line? Because at some point if I'm using a 850w one would suggest 1000w for "extra security" and I don't want to be changing PSU every 2-4 years. (I want rust and cobwebs on it) :D

So I think the question comes down to, what do you mean by "extra security"?
Does that mean system would draw an unexpected amount of power at some unexpected times which would exceed 750w?
You have more freedom with higher wattages, you can Overclock your hardware. Plus, you are less prone to having GPU power spike issues in GPUs such as Vega 64 or RTX 3090. I know 750 W is fine, but that "extra security" depends on how you see things.