Question Recommendation for a gaming/editing laptop?

mf2385

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
Looking to spend around $3000-3500 what are the best options for a high end gaming laptop around that price? Is the Razer Blade 15 Advanced w/ 3080 ti still one of the best? I am looking for a 15" is probably the sweet spot for me, thanks in advance!

Unless you need the portability of a laptop, a desktop will be stronger/cheaper.

I see many complaints about gaming laptops not performing well.
Usually gaming while plugged in.
One common cause is thermal throttling.
Laptop coolers must, of necessity be small and light.
The coolers are also relatively underpowered.

Look at the cooling capabilities of your candidates.

Reactions: Why_Me

mf2385

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
I'd need to move in the next year so getting a laptop would be a much better option for me, I'd love to have a desktop right now again it's been a year but I moved and if I move again in a years time, which is probably the case, it'll probably cost an arm and a leg to ship everything, or at least some extra work, in other words really annoying, disassembling, shipping the video card and stuff separately would be a chore and idk if it's worth it for now, in the future I'll probably sell the laptop towards a desktop once I'm really settled into somewhere I could really call home, that being said I need some good choices for powerful gaming laptops with 3080 ti 16gb options for now anyone?!

Laptop makes sense then.

Find a review of a candidate on a site such as ultrabook review.
Here is one for a Lenovo Legion 7 gen 7 which seems to do a decent job of cooling:

In the past, I found it a good thing to call Lenovo direct and talk to a salesman.
They know their products and can suggest something that meets your needs.
Past that, Lenovo is always having promotions and the reps know about some that you may not.