[SOLVED] Recommendation for a new PSU

Oct 3, 2020
Hello, I'm interested in buying a new PSU for my old build. The recommended power wattage for this build is 650 W. I have a really tight budget, and I'm not sure which PSU is compatible with my motherboard. I'll list my specifications below. Any suggestion would be helpful.

Motherboard: msi 970 gaming
CPU: FX-8350
GPU : 2- gtx 970 -sli
Fans : 4 - 120mm
SSD, Hard Disk 2TB
Thermaltake water 3.0 cooling kit

Solution
There's Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro 650/750W on Amazon.in and Newegg but i'm afraid it's version made by FSP, not Seasonic and doesn't worth the money. If you absolutely can return the unit if it turns out to be FSP then it worth a shot. Seasonic based version looks exactly as on pictures on Amazon and Newegg, FSP version looks differently externally, most notably fan grille is different, see these reviews of FSP version #1, #2, and Seasonic made version has longer warranty (7 years). Or give me some links to other local online stores to look at.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I'm not sure which PSU is compatible with my motherboard
Motherboards and PSU are ATX standardised. They're all compatible really. The only caveats to this are proprietary equipment (like Dell/HP OEM for example) or Small Form Factor, which also have to suit the case.

Really you just need a good quality 650W. Some might say you need a little bit more, but for 970 a good 650W should be fine.

What budget and currency?

Reactions: Hades149
Oct 3, 2020
Sorry for the late reply. My budget is around 7000 INR (95 USD). A local shop employee diagnosed my PC and said that a normal PSU wont work in my case as normal PSU's have 4 pin cpu connectorand I have a 8pin(4+4pin) . Also he said that there would be some voltage issues(I didn't understand that properly) and that I would have to buy a high end PSU.

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
There's Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro 650/750W on Amazon.in and Newegg but i'm afraid it's version made by FSP, not Seasonic and doesn't worth the money. If you absolutely can return the unit if it turns out to be FSP then it worth a shot. Seasonic based version looks exactly as on pictures on Amazon and Newegg, FSP version looks differently externally, most notably fan grille is different, see these reviews of FSP version #1, #2, and Seasonic made version has longer warranty (7 years). Or give me some links to other local online stores to look at.

Last edited:
Solution