[SOLVED] Recommendation for mid/low range systems Tier C PSU

Jedii

Prominent
Jan 4, 2021
Hi guys,
would appreciate some help with deciding a PSU for the following specs:

CPU : Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: RX580 (to be upgraded sometime next years for something like a 2060 or 5600 )
MOBO : MSI B550m Mortar.
Budget: 50-70€
Wattage : 550-650w

Now I have a thermaltake Smart 80+ RGB 600W (Tier D) from my old PC, but I think I need an upgrade... Or not?

I have seen the following on Amazon Spain:
Corsair CV650 60€
GIGABYTE P650B 56€
Be Quiet BN209 600W (B9) 63€

I think they are all Tier C, but I think they would be enough for my PC. Any suggestions?

thanks for the help and happy new year!

Solution
The Corsair is good, should run the system above fine. Would like to see the 650watt, but is likely above your budget, just for some extra headroom (thinking about the Nvidia 3000 series for instance).

The Bitfenix sounds unknown, but is in this case a good psu too. Is older and not made anymore afaik so don't know how long it has been on the shelf, think still a decent contender.

The Kolink seems decent enough too, is tier B in the psu tierlist here and seems to do fine in that review, likely why it is in tier B. See i this review a ripple of 70 on the +12V rail, although at peak wattage kinda high although within ATX specs...

Jedii

Prominent
Jan 4, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You should pick up a unit that has at least 650W of power for the entire system, keeping in mind that holds true while you have an RX580 in there. If you decide to go for the RTX 3000 series cards you're going to need more juice.

I'd suggest picking up this unit;
https://es.pcpartpicker.com/product...fied-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-650fx

Hi,
thanks for your answer, but I was looking for something at a lower price, maximum € 70. Any Tier C or Tier B with a good quality / price ratio?

Hi guys,
would appreciate some help with deciding a PSU for the following specs:

CPU : Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: RX580 (to be upgraded sometime next years for something like a 2060 or 5600 )
MOBO : MSI B550m Mortar.
Budget: 50-70€
Wattage : 550-650w

Now I have a thermaltake Smart 80+ RGB 600W (Tier D) from my old PC, but I think I need an upgrade... Or not?

I have seen the following on Amazon Spain:
Corsair CV650 60€
GIGABYTE P650B 56€
Be Quiet BN209 600W (B9) 63€

I think they are all Tier C, but I think they would be enough for my PC. Any suggestions?

thanks for the help and happy new year!
A tier C might be fine for a home office computer but not a gaming system that will stress the power supply. Stick with tier A or B. Quality and dependability cost money. There is no way around it.

Jedii

Prominent
Jan 4, 2021

thanks for your answers!
how is that corsair model? I've seen it for around € 80 . Will 550w be enough for a mid-range pc?

I have seen this around 70 € full modular 600w, and 80€ 700w:

Last edited:

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
The Corsair is good, should run the system above fine. Would like to see the 650watt, but is likely above your budget, just for some extra headroom (thinking about the Nvidia 3000 series for instance).

The Bitfenix sounds unknown, but is in this case a good psu too. Is older and not made anymore afaik so don't know how long it has been on the shelf, think still a decent contender.

The Kolink seems decent enough too, is tier B in the psu tierlist here and seems to do fine in that review, likely why it is in tier B. See i this review a ripple of 70 on the +12V rail, although at peak wattage kinda high although within ATX specs,
the 3 year warranty doesn't lure me as well.

Solution