Recommendations and thoughts?

Ryan Indian-Patel

Reputable
May 17, 2014
Looking to build my own gaming pc, but haven't got much experience in the area and was wondering what you guys thought of this build? I want to be spending less than £1000 if I can including monitors and things like that.

Also the I have seen a deal for the mother board that includes a crossair h75 liquid cpu cooler and af120 red led fans for £140 - http://www.cclonline.com/product/149014/Z97-GAMING-7/Motherboards/MSI-Z97-GAMING-7-Motherboard-LGA-1150-Intel-Z97-Express-ATX-RAID-Gigabit-Ethernet-/MBD1334/?gagroup=Other&gclid=CNfOicbCsL4CFfQbtAodUzQASQ

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/jimbob900900/saved/4I6F

Solution
you might want to be careful of the large capacity hdds as they can seem to have lower reliability. i'd go with a 1tb drive instead.

while ssd drives are nice... they dont increase gaming performance significantly. i would either drop it completely and use the money to push your gpu up to something better or drop down to a 120 (if 60gb useable space for progams is enough ) or a 250gb and use the rest of the cash to bump up to a better gpu.

if you can manage to get a gtx770 in that pc then you can expect to be running on ultra levels. if not then only high.

--

other than that... its not bad if you wanted an overclockable computer. before you overclock though i'd get a cpu cooler like the hyper 212 evo.

if you didnt want to...
you might want to be careful of the large capacity hdds as they can seem to have lower reliability. i'd go with a 1tb drive instead.

while ssd drives are nice... they dont increase gaming performance significantly. i would either drop it completely and use the money to push your gpu up to something better or drop down to a 120 (if 60gb useable space for progams is enough ) or a 250gb and use the rest of the cash to bump up to a better gpu.

if you can manage to get a gtx770 in that pc then you can expect to be running on ultra levels. if not then only high.

--

other than that... its not bad if you wanted an overclockable computer. before you overclock though i'd get a cpu cooler like the hyper 212 evo.

if you didnt want to overclock you could save more cash and use that towards your gpu and monitor.

you also dont list an operating system in your build which you would probably need.

Solution