Question Recommendations for a new graphics card ?

Oct 5, 2024
Hello guys! I would like to buy a new graphics card because the performance of the Intel UHD Graphics 630 iGPU is not good enough in the game. The suggested requirement for the game is NVIDIA GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R9 270X. But I can't confirm if these two graphics cards will fit for my motherboard or not.
Please see below my PC hardware:

Intel(R) Core I5-10400 CPU @2.90GHz (12 CPUs)
ASUS PRIME H410M-E
Kingston 16GB DDR4 2666 RAM
Kingston A2000 500G SSD

Microsoft Win 10

Hope someone can suggest any suitable graphic card to me for reference.

Reactions: artk2219

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age. Where are you located, what is your budget for your GPU purchase and what is your preferred site for purchase? You've stated that the iGPU isn't up to par for gaming, what titles do you want to tax the proposed GPU with?

Lastly, what is the make and model of your case?

The suggestion requirement for the game is NVIDIA GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R9 270X.
Provide you don't have any clearance issues with your case, they will drop into your system though I'd avoid buying them in 2024, in favor of something more concurrent.

Andrew20

BANNED
Oct 3, 2024
NVIDIA GTX 760 The performance is sufficient for maximum detail settings in full HD resolution (for games from 2014 and earlier). However, in some games like Crysis 3 and Thief the average frame rate we tested was only about 30fps (see below). The power consumption is rated at 160 Watt TDP (load).

Oct 5, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age. Where are you located, what is your budget for your GPU purchase and what is your preferred site for purchase? You've stated that the iGPU isn't up to par for gaming, what titles do you want to tax the proposed GPU with?

Lastly, what is the make and model of your case?

The suggestion requirement for the game is NVIDIA GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R9 270X.
Provide you don't have any clearance issues with your case, they will drop into your system though I'd avoid buying them in 2024, in favor of something more concurrent.
Hi Lutfij,

I am from Hong Kong. I bought my PC icluding all hardaware around the end of 2020. All processing is still smooth but not fit the game only.

I just know the game need at least 2GB VRAM of GPU but 4GB can offer the best performance. So, my target is 4GB VRAM graphics card and the budget is not over $1000 HK dollars.

Again, make and model of PSU is important.

If you don't have any PCIe power connectors, there are some GTX 1050 and even rare GTX 1650 cards that don't require one in that price range used. But if you do have the power connection and the PSU is of reasonable quality, you could get faster cards with more memory for around the same price.

Oct 5, 2024
Again, make and model of PSU is important.

If you don't have any PCIe power connectors, there are some GTX 1050 and even rare GTX 1650 cards that don't require one in that price range used. But if you do have the power connection and the PSU is of reasonable quality, you could get faster cards with more memory for around the same price.
Thanks for your reply!

I am lack of knowledge about that. Please see below link of the PSU I am using

Oct 5, 2024
NVIDIA GTX 760 The performance is sufficient for maximum detail settings in full HD resolution (for games from 2014 and earlier). However, in some games like Crysis 3 and Thief the average frame rate we tested was only about 30fps (see below). The power consumption is rated at 160 Watt TDP (load).
Actually, I am playing PES 2021 with Smoke patch football life 2024. Always show this message box when I open the game.

Warning:

Your computer does not meet the Minimum System Requirements to run this software.
As a result, you may experience errors during operation.
Your Video Card does not meet the required specifications.(GPU: VRAM 2GB)

Well, it's a tier F unit, but then you are only risking a cheap GPU.

For that kind of low budget, you could get a used GTX 1060 6GB or RTX 6500 XT 4GB (it's also available in 8GB but that's more). You are going to want to look for a card with a 6-pin connector instead of an 8-pin, because that's all your PSU has. These are kind of overkill for that game, but a new-old-stock GTX 1030 GDDR5 isn't much cheaper and new RX 6400 is out of your price range (those are the usual suggestions for esports games).

Vintage cards like GTX 760, RX 580 or R9 270X simply use more power than you have available, and have discontinued driver support as well.

LuKaWin10

Proper
May 6, 2024

For that kind of low budget, you could get a used GTX 1060 6GB or RTX 6500 XT 4GB (it's also available in 8GB but that's more). You are going to want to look for a card with a 6-pin connector instead of an 8-pin, because that's all your PSU has. These are kind of overkill for that game, but a new-old-stock GTX 1030 GDDR5 isn't much cheaper and new RX 6400 is out of your price range (those are the usual suggestions for esports games).

Vintage cards like GTX 760, RX 580 or R9 270X simply use more power than you have available, and have discontinued driver support as well.
Could he maybe get a better power supply, like maybe the MSI MAG A650BN (that is the one I use) or a SeaSonic Focus series one? Also maybe a better gpu for example the 2060, or something else? That's what I'm saying, I am not here to act smart because I know I am not that smart as I think I am, but I am giving a suggestion

Oct 5, 2024

Thanks for your advice.

Oct 5, 2024
Could he maybe get a better power supply, like maybe the MSI MAG A650BN (that is the one I use) or a SeaSonic Focus series one? Also maybe a better gpu for example the 2060, or something else? That's what I'm saying, I am not here to act smart because I know I am not that smart as I think I am, but I am giving a suggestion
Do you mean that my priority is to buy a new power supply?