Question Recommendations for a new monitor for an upcoming new build ?

benshalev849

Reputable
Dec 3, 2018

Hello, i am soon building my new PC with a 13700k and a 4080 and looking at monitors, where I live we dont have many options. I know prices are expensive, all prices converted from local stores/amazon if cheaper to USD :) ty for the help!

Here are the options i sorted out in the end:

• LG 27gr75q-b 453$ (newer gp850-b i think.)
  • Gigabyte m27Q 458$
  • Msi g272qpf 369$ (newer g273qpf i think)
  • Asus VG27AQ 411$
  • Gigabyte m27Q-p 480$

Also i can buy acer nitro xv272u in amazon but there are two versions for the same price.
Rv version and vbmiiprx both go for 406$.
All prices include tax and shipping,

I would love some help as this is getting very complicated.
Which one would you suggest? From reviews the gigabyte/acer seems to be the best but it is quite expensive, but I am spending on a 4080 though, so i might as well pay 100$ if its better.
Ty for the help!

Last edited:

Hello, i am soon building my new PC with a 13700k and a 4080 and looking at monitors, where I live we dont have many options. I know prices are expensive, all prices converted from local stores/amazon if cheaper to USD :) ty for the help!

Here are the options i sorted out in the end:

• LG 27gr75q-b 453$ (newer gp850-b i think.)
  • Gigabyte m27Q 458$
  • Msi g272qpf 369$ (newer g273qpf i think)
  • Asus VG27AQ 411$
  • Gigabyte m27Q-p 480$

Also i can buy acer nitro xv272u in amazon but there are two versions for the same price.
Rv version and vbmiiprx both go for 406$.
All prices include tax and shipping,

I would love some help as this is getting very complicated.
Which one would you suggest? From reviews the gigabyte/acer seems to be the best but it is quite expensive, but I am spending on a 4080 though, so i might as well pay 100$ if its better.
Ty for the help!

Hey there,

Here's a list of popular/good monitors: https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/best/by-usage/gaming

The Gigabyte seems to be very highly thought of.

I've been checking out the 27in 1440p monitors recently (Just purchased a AOC CQ27G2U.). It's a VA panel, as opposed to IPS. IPS is probably a little better all round monitor. VA has darker blacks and nice colours. It is a curved screen. It can feel more immersive.

I was going to go for a 34in ultrawide. They look awesome. But my current desk space would be struggling to get in.

If you can see the candidates in person, do so.
Failing that look up each monitor on rtings.com

A monitor is a long term investment. Bust your budget if need be to get a good one.
I would be considering a larger/wider 4k monitor for a more immersive experience.

benshalev849

Reputable
Dec 3, 2018
If you can see the candidates in person, do so.
Failing that look up each monitor on rtings.com

A monitor is a long term investment. Bust your budget if need be to get a good one.
I would be considering a larger/wider 4k monitor for a more immersive experience.
Sadly the computer is getting very expensive so i am trying to stay on a budget (busted it for the specs themselves.)

My idea is to buy a 1440p now, (prolly the gigabyte m27q-p) and then farther down the wrong buy a 4k monitor.
Where i live the PC itself is so much more expensive than the US so i need to compromise a little hahaha