Question Recommendations for a PSU please

ChrisAB

Honorable
Mar 17, 2017
I'm gonna be building a friend a new system shortly and its gonna be relatively power hungry with what he wants in there.

He has asked for a PSU of 1000 watts and it needs to support PCI-E 5.0.

Can anyone recommend any please for a half decent price in the UK.

Thanks.

I'm gonna be building a friend a new system shortly and its gonna be relatively power hungry with what he wants in there.

He has asked for a PSU of 1000 watts and it needs to support PCI-E 5.0.

Can anyone recommend any please for a half decent price in the UK.

Thanks.
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ZD...ly-modular-atx-power-supply-mpg-a1000g-pcie-5
MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000W 80+ Gold Modular ATX Power Supply $199.99

ChrisAB

Honorable
Mar 17, 2017
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ZD...ly-modular-atx-power-supply-mpg-a1000g-pcie-5
MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000W 80+ Gold Modular ATX Power Supply $199.99

Just a quick question, does this PSU support older graphic cards to as I'm gonna be using a Geforce 1080 till I can afford a 4080 upgrade.

Thanks.

Reactions: Why_Me

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you need to provide the specs for the pc before any meaningful recommendation can be made. 1000w may be enough or it may be too little. best to know BEFORE buying.

just to be sure, please list the FULL specs for this build so can be sure you know what you really need. does not make sense to me why you are building it yet he is telling you how much psu it needs without you questioning it. ......

ChrisAB

Honorable
Mar 17, 2017
you need to provide the specs for the pc before any meaningful recommendation can be made. 1000w may be enough or it may be too little. best to know BEFORE buying.

just to be sure, please list the FULL specs for this build so can be sure you know what you really need. does not make sense to me why you are building it yet he is telling you how much psu it needs without you questioning it. ......
I know that 1000watt will be ample for the spec I will be building him, I just needed a recommendation on what PSU to use. Thanks anyway.