Question Recommendations for AV Receiver and speaker placement ?

Lucrin

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
So I have been planning on installing a surround sound system for my family/movie room. Finally there were some pretty great deals on speakers for Black Friday so I bought the following 5.1.4 speaker setup:

All Klipsch models:
R-820F x2 for front left/right channels
RP-400C center channel
R-51M surround speakers
R-41SA x2 for 4 height channels
R-120SW sub

I am looking for recommendations for a good receiver to pair with these speakers. From my research so far my front runners are the Denon AVR-X3700H or AVR-X4700H. Anyone have any other recommendations or a reason I should prefer one of the two I listed?

Additionally as far as speaker placement I am going to put two of the R-41SA speakers on top of the left and right tower speakers, but for the other two should I place them on the floor behind my couch, or would it be better to wall mount them near the ceiling pointing down behind the couch?

Lucrin

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
Alright well unfortunately I haven't gotten a response to the above but hoping I will to this. I think I am settled on getting the Denon AVR-X3700H . So for the Atmos height channels I am thinking I am going to mount the 4 R-41SA speakers on the ceiling. I know this is none standard and having in ceiling speakers would be ideal, but 1. I can't do in ceiling because of restrictions in my room, and 2. because of the deal I got on the R-41SAs doing in ceiling speakers would cost 4x as much. If I were to ceiling mount the R-41SAs, should I stick with the official Dolby layout shown below? Or, should I move the front Atmos speakers to be right above the TV as I have seen some people do in this sort of hybrid setup?
5_1_4_overhead_spkrplc.jpg

TRENDING THREADS