[SOLVED] Recommendations for water cooling case

Humon

Prominent
Sep 29, 2019
I will upgrade to water cooling this month and wanted to start with the case.
Open loop with cpu and gpu.

GPU: 1080ti 280x 114mm
MB: ATX

Requirements:

Limit around 120€ (130$).
Closed sides, no windows.
No dvd trays.
A vew HDD-Slots, 2 or 3 should be enough.
More SSD-Slots, min 6.
PSU-Cover, just bc I like it separated.
Min 2 Front-Fans.
Comfortable space on the back for cable management,
I don´t want to sqeeze cables.

About the other specs I´m very unsure.
My friend has a huge tower but watercooling and it looks really empty.
So I probably could go for a more compact case.
I know I need space for the tank/pump (probaby a combination) and the reservoir + fans.

I´ll start with a case I like and adjust the remaining parts to it.

Recommendations are appreciated.

Considered until now:
none

For the rest of the water cooling, I think I put the parts in here when I´m done:

Solution
Not really, timezone and life requirements. 99% of posters, mods, heralds, regulars are volunteers. And it's a beautiful Saturday today after some really miserable weather.

Your requirements make it hard. The purpose of a psu shroud is cosmetic. Totally designed to hide psu wiring from ppl looking through the windowed side. But you don't want a window. So no real reason other than want for the shroud. That's rough.

There's really not many cases that actually have dedicated ssd slots, not more than 2 anyways. Because the ssd doesn't require a slot. There's no moving parts, no need for firm secure or vibration resistance. You can literally velcro an SSD anywhere. Cover the entire side panel in SSDs. Doesn't affect anything or change...

Humon

Prominent
Sep 29, 2019
Geeze, you're like the only person in the PCMR race I know that doesn't want to show off their water cooled rig. Good on ya bud.

Here's another closed case that has ample room

https://www.amazon.com/Phanteks-Ecl...ocphy=9067609&hvtargid=pla-663004087809&psc=1
Out of my price range but thanks for the suggestion.

Considering the windowed options, I won´t reject them completely
but keep them as a last option.
I currently have a windowed case and it just doesn´t matter.

But this forum seems not responding later than a few hours after posting a thread,
so for now I have one window option and a more pricey one.

I thought there would be at least 4-5 people recommending their favourites or current cases.

Wishthinking it seems.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Not really, timezone and life requirements. 99% of posters, mods, heralds, regulars are volunteers. And it's a beautiful Saturday today after some really miserable weather.

Your requirements make it hard. The purpose of a psu shroud is cosmetic. Totally designed to hide psu wiring from ppl looking through the windowed side. But you don't want a window. So no real reason other than want for the shroud. That's rough.

There's really not many cases that actually have dedicated ssd slots, not more than 2 anyways. Because the ssd doesn't require a slot. There's no moving parts, no need for firm secure or vibration resistance. You can literally velcro an SSD anywhere. Cover the entire side panel in SSDs. Doesn't affect anything or change performance or pose a security or physical risk. My ssd is actually sitting velcro'd to the top of my hdd, sitting in an optical bay. Just to make wiring needs simple. So cases with at least 6 dedicated ssd mounts, hard to find.

But if I had to choose a case to cover at least some of that,

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case (€90.89 @ Alternate)
Case: be quiet! Silent Base 801 ATX Mid Tower Case (€122.15 @ Mindfactory)

The beQuiet is totally modular. Motherboard can be oriented either side, up, down, backwards, you can pretty much tailor the case to any specific need, with or without cages etc.

Solution