Question Recommendations on "supposed" wi-fi weakness

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

testertony

Commendable
Jan 6, 2018
The main problem is that Apple HomeKit gives me "not responding" messages a lot on various devices. These devices respond always if I go to the vendor app. In researching this problem everyone keeps pointing to my wi-fi which doesn't seem to make sense to me.
I have cable Spectrum 200meg, with a Netgear C7000 modem routerwith 20 wi-fi devices connected, 4 hard wired, and one 4 port switch. I have no problems with Ring security, iPhones, iPads, Surface tablet, Dish dvr, Ecobee, my Subaru, August door lock. ONLY problems with hue lights (the hue hub is hard wired) and Chamberlain MyQ and ONLY in the Apple HomeKit app and intermittently. My house is wood framed 2000 square feet with modem router about dead center in my home office. I have been searching through this forum for solutions and do not want to add something that will incur disconnects as I do not have those now. As far as hard wiring my attic has blown in insulation making working up there pretty difficult. I do have cat 5e that goes out to the garage to a computer there. Thanks in advance for any advice or insights.

testertony

Commendable
Jan 6, 2018
Modem was supposed to be here yesterday BEFORE I called for the upgrade. The CM2000 is on Spectrum list but doing pre-install reviews the Netgear community has a post that it's not covered. Of course, due to the ongoing excuse, the modem will arrive today. Same with wireless router arriving today. Film at 11

testertony

Commendable
Jan 6, 2018
Got the new router installed, and so far speed ever so slightly down. I got the Netgear AX5400 and I was expecting more, but I will settle for reliability.