Question Recommended bios settings for installing new M.2 NVME SSD

Nov 12, 2022
I currently have an Asus Tuf Z390 Gaming Plus motherboard with an Intel Core i7 8700 processor and 32 gb ram. I have a small Adata NVME SSD in the M2_1 slot which was installed by local computer shop on which the OS is loaded. In addition I have an internal Sata SSD and an internal HDD. I have a UEFI bios and am running Windows 11 version 22H2. In the PCH Storage configuration I currently have the option of AHCI or RST, and it is currently set to RST. I am not aware that I have RAID set up, but Speccy mentions that my current Adata NVME RAID Type is Software RAID.

My intention is to purchase a 2tb gen 3 NVME SSD and install it in the M2_1 slot moving the existing Adata SSD to the M2-2 slot. I will do a fresh install of Windows 11 and have already created Windows 11 Installation media on a bootable USB.

I do not fully understand the difference between AHCI and RST. Could someone advise me which setting is best for my proposed configuration, and what other changes if any I should make to my BIOS before installing windows 11. Any further advice for making any other changes would be appreciated.

Thank you.