Question Recommended high-tier headphones for gaming?

AverageLeo

Reputable
Apr 24, 2020
I'm looking for new headphones, mainly for gaming.
I have used the Logitech G430 for the last 3 years so everything going to be an upgrade.
I saw the Drop + Sennheiser PC38X headset got really good reviews and I almost pulled the trigger,
but I don't like the design at all and I'm thinking to ditch the built-in mic and just buy a separate one like the Razer Seiren Mini for 40$.
I'm not planning to buy a DAC-AMP combo at first, so the headphones will be connected straight to my Asus Prime Z270-A motherboard.

My Budget for the headphones is around 200$, options I considered but I know nothing about audio:
  • Sennheiser PC38X,
  • Sennheiser HD 560S ( - because of this review )
  • SENNHEISER HD 58X ( - based on pretty old Reddit comments )
  • Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO.
As I said, the PC38X looks like the best for gaming but I'm looking for something with a better design, no built-in mic.
I can consider other pairs that are not on the list if you think there is something better :)

Thank you very much!
Your help is very appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
I'd pick the Beyerdynamics from the list you have going on above. If you budget was higher...like double that, then I'd have suggested some really premium "cans" but then they'd be in audiophile territory. Further reading based on the DT 990, here, similar impedance as the Pro.

Reactions: AverageLeo

AverageLeo

Reputable
Apr 24, 2020
I'd pick the Beyerdynamics from the list you have going on above. If you budget was higher...like double that, then I'd have suggested some really premium "cans" but then they'd be in audiophile territory. Further reading based on the DT 990, here, similar impedance as the Pro.

Thank you for your opinion.
Why do you prefer them over the others?