Reconnecting my keyboard

Philuk84

Honorable
Feb 26, 2014
Hi. I replaced my bezel and needed to remove the keyboard to do this. I can't seem to get my keyboard to work now. I know that part of the ribbon cable slots in and then you lock it in, but what part locks in? I have taken a picture and just want to see if it's the keyboard or if I've put the wrong part in.

Thanks.

3zl06.jpg

Philuk84

Honorable
Feb 26, 2014
Thanks for the quick reply!

So, just to clarify I've numbered the two parts that I think could possibly be the part that goes in.

rt2deo.png

Do you mean the part numbered 1? I put number 1 in first and it didn't work. I've alternated a few times now and neither work so I think it must be the keyboard. I was static and everything, I didn't even touch anything. Could it possibly be the motherboard? A technician is coming tomorrow to replace the keyboard but I'm worried I'll lose it for a few days, the guy on the phone thinks probably not because all the ports and everything else is working.

As for the keyboard, I'm not sure what type it is, sorry!

Philuk84

Honorable
Feb 26, 2014
I fixed it! It seems that the connecting cable from that part was disconnected. DOH!

Also, it was the bit numbered 2, it has a lip type thing on the end that slots right in, I somehow missed it!

Thanks anyway. :)