Question Recording software

Apr 29, 2019
Hello all,

I have a PC containing AMD ryzen 5 1400, AMD Radeon rx 580 4gb and 8gb of ram. I only play rainbow six siege and want to record it, the problem is when I use Windows game bar, the audio comes back corrupted and does not record my microphone well. After there any shouting to this... Possibly another software?

Thanks

Have you tried AMD's Radeon ReLive that's built into their driver package like Nvidia's ShadowPlay? Like ShadowPlay it utilizes the x264 encoding architecture in modern GPUs, so there's little to no performance impact, especially if you use it's cached recording option. Cached recording continually caches the gameplay, then when you want to record the last 20 min or so, you just hit the corresponding key and it saves it to a video file. That way you're not manually recording while playing, so there's zero performance impact.

In the first 2 years ReLive has been out, it now has more features than ShadowPlay, which has been out for 5 years. That said, both have had issues now and then with glitches and incompatibility, so you just have to give them a try and see if they work. You can only use ReLive on AMD GPUs, and ShadowPlay on Nvidia GPUs though.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-023#faq-Recording-Settings

Last edited:
Recording is recording it doesn't matter if it's manual or not, the impact is just very low anyway.
Well, it matters a little anyway, but depends on hardware you have. Now a days it's less of an issue, but I still prefer cached recording for the sheer convenience of not having to do trial and error manual recording, or having to take up tons of storage space only to delete unused clips. It's also less wear and tear on drives to only capture what you know you want.

I have even gone to the extreme of recording videos that are well over 40 min via cached recording by just saving, pausing, then restarting gameplay. If you don't pause for a min or so per 20 min clip, the start of the next clip will be choppy due to trying to cache it while saving the prior clip. All you need do really is pick a good spot to pause, and it can be done seamlessly. Of course recording mp play is different because you can't really pause.

Last edited: