Recovery disc iso issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezvisquikz

Reputable
Aug 31, 2015
Guys please help me out frustrated. Just bought a new msi stealth pro 2qe laptop that came with windows 8.1 installed. When I first logged into winto i was told to create a recovery iso, which I did. The output was 5 iso file for DVD 1,2,3,4,5. Now i did a clean install of windows 10 which was silly of me because i should have upgraded to windows 10 since i cant seem to activate my windows 10.

So i have decided to use these recovery disc iso to get back to windows 8.1 then upgrade to windows 10.

when I am inside windows 10 and mount the iso using daemon tools and try to run the recovery files it shows som boot path error and seizes when it is just about to start.

My question is : 1. does the recovery has to be done by burning these iso on dvd and then boot in bios to do this.

2. How can I avoid burning these disc and make a bootable usb by merging these iso together. I have tried xboot doesnt work for me.

3.Or should I just use win 8.1 iso to install a new copy apply the product code then upgrade.

TBH i want to use the recovery images to complete this task as I want to learn :)

Solution
You can activate your copy of Microsoft Windows 10 by calling them and explaining to them what you did. They'll typically understand and process the activation for you, though it might take up to an hour for everything to run smoothly. You might have to wait on the phone for quite a while until a representative will talk to you. This is the simplest solution.

If you want to use the recovery disks, Daemon Tools isn't going to help. The recovery ISOs should've been burned to DVDs. If you can't burn them on your computer, then, you need to take the ISOs to a computer which can burn them.

itmoba

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
You can activate your copy of Microsoft Windows 10 by calling them and explaining to them what you did. They'll typically understand and process the activation for you, though it might take up to an hour for everything to run smoothly. You might have to wait on the phone for quite a while until a representative will talk to you. This is the simplest solution.

If you want to use the recovery disks, Daemon Tools isn't going to help. The recovery ISOs should've been burned to DVDs. If you can't burn them on your computer, then, you need to take the ISOs to a computer which can burn them.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.