I am having problems with NTDLL causing my pc to crash. When I Right click a
file in Explorer, select properties then click OK or Cancel.
The PC is has plenty of processing power and memory and storage.
I have entered the fault on this site and have tried some of the suggestions.
When I bought the PC Win XP home was already loaded and since then I have
installed SP2.
The company Systemax who supplied the PC gave me a XP-Home Recovery disc.
But when I run it and try to reload XP it says that the version of Windows
already installed is newer than the recovery version.
What can I do, maybe installing SP2 caused this miss-match.
Help !!!!

Would you kindly state whether you can login to normal mode of XP without a
problem? eg, does it start ok?
If not, have you tried rebooting into Safe mode (tap & repeat tap F8 key as
pc is first booting up)?
If you can login, do a 'global' search (with the SEARCH option) for
NTDLL*.*

There 'may' be a usable copy of NTDLL.DLL in the DLLCache folder.
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

"Bob Neumann" wrote
>I am having problems with NTDLL causing my pc to crash. When I Right click
> file in Explorer, select properties then click OK or Cancel.
> The PC is has plenty of processing power and memory and storage.
> I have entered the fault on this site and have tried some of the
> suggestions.
> When I bought the PC Win XP home was already loaded and since then I have
> installed SP2.
> The company Systemax who supplied the PC gave me a XP-Home Recovery disc.
> But when I run it and try to reload XP it says that the version of Windows
> already installed is newer than the recovery version.
> What can I do, maybe installing SP2 caused this miss-match.
> Help !!!!

P.S.
Depending on the name of your Windows folder (usually \Windows or \WINNT)...

you should find copies of NTDLL.DLL at

%windir%\I386

%windir%\system32

and if you have XP service pack 2

possibly at

%windir%\ServicePackFiles\i386

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

I found the service pack 2 version but I did a file compare and it is the
same as the System32 version.
I can get into XP it is just that explorer crashes if I close the Properties
window for a file. I think it might be a Heap problem, but I don't understand
the subject ?

"Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

> P.S.
> Depending on the name of your Windows folder (usually \Windows or \WINNT)...
>
> you should find copies of NTDLL.DLL at
>
> %windir%\I386
>
> %windir%\system32
>
> and if you have XP service pack 2
>
> possibly at
>
> %windir%\ServicePackFiles\i386
>
> --
> Maurice N
> MVP Windows - Shell / User

Run XP's System File Checker.
From Start menu, choose Run menu, run "SFC /SCANNOW" without the double quotes.

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

Bob Neumann wrote:
> I found the service pack 2 version but I did a file compare and it is
> the same as the System32 version.
> I can get into XP it is just that explorer crashes if I close the
> Properties window for a file. I think it might be a Heap problem, but
> I don't understand the subject ?
>
> "Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:
>
>> P.S.
>> Depending on the name of your Windows folder (usually \Windows or
>> \WINNT)...
>>
>> you should find copies of NTDLL.DLL at
>>
>> %windir%\I386
>>
>> %windir%\system32