• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

[SOLVED] Recurring BSODs, Any Help is appreciated

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 17, 2020
No, I didn't install GEForce Experience - I manually updated to the latest drivers (451.xx) after getting some BSODs with the default Windows chosen one (432.xx). Now I rolled back to ver. 446.14 to see if that might solve it.

Looks like I had the IME driver installed, but I'm doing a repair in case.

I'll let memtest86 run tonight/tomorrow on the sticks one at a time and report back.

Thanks for your continued help.

Jun 17, 2020
Seems like it was a bad stick after all. Running Memtest86 caught the error on its 4th pass. I had run it after the issues started again in June, but only a couple of passes with both sticks in, and had tested them individually in March when I initially ran into problems. I am legitimately curious why Overwatch seemed to consistently trigger the BSODs, even though it utilized half the RAM that Modern Warfare did.

Is it likely that was the issue all along? Maybe I didn't do enough passes on Memtest earlier this year?

Currently running on a new set of RAM, with double the storage. Which is completely overkill for me (don't think I've cracked 50% yet), but they were on sale and only a little more than a set of replacement sticks. I guess I will just never close programs anymore.

In any case, thanks again for your help, @Colif and @gardenman! I will update this thread if I run into any more problems, but hopefully I'm good now!

Reactions: gardenman

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS