Question Red Blinking Light on GPU

Apr 28, 2024
From the last few days, whenever I turn on my PC, everything is fine. I usually play games like Valorant, League, PUBG, Warzone and several AAA story based games.
The issue does not occur when playing less demanding games like Valorant or League, but when I play more resource intensive games, the red led above the PCIe power connector starts blinking. Mind you this does not occur from the beginning, only after a while of playing said game.

Main Specs are:
5600x, ROG 3060, Deepcool PM750D Gold rated PSU.

The PSU is about a year old. When I turn off said game, the led continues blinking but no other problems are faced. Only once I have faced a random crash mid game when the PC shut off and the led began blinking. The GPU shows no signs of artefacting or any other tell-tale signs of dying.

Is there something I should be worried about? Thanks in advance!!

Solution
The RTX 3000 series of GPU's were known to have high transient load spikes, which is why a higher wattage PSU was suggested in tandem with buying an RTX3000 series GPU.

You might want to mention the make and model of your motherboard and it's BIOS version. Try and see if reseating the GPU and it's power connectors help. Speaking of power, how are the PCIe cables stemming from the PSU hooked up to the GPU?
The mobo is a MSI MAG B550 ATX. Idk the BIOS version.
The problem seemed to be with that particular PCIe power cable, I tried another and ran a few stress tests, and everything was fine. So I hope this has solved the problem, but thank you very much for the suggestions.

Lutfij

Titan
The RTX 3000 series of GPU's were known to have high transient load spikes, which is why a higher wattage PSU was suggested in tandem with buying an RTX3000 series GPU.

You might want to mention the make and model of your motherboard and it's BIOS version. Try and see if reseating the GPU and it's power connectors help. Speaking of power, how are the PCIe cables stemming from the PSU hooked up to the GPU?

Apr 28, 2024

The mobo is a MSI MAG B550 ATX. Idk the BIOS version.
The problem seemed to be with that particular PCIe power cable, I tried another and ran a few stress tests, and everything was fine. So I hope this has solved the problem, but thank you very much for the suggestions.

Solution