Question Red cpu and dram light after updating gpu drivers through armoury crate

Nov 28, 2023
Complete noob to pcs. I got my first build up and running and after a game armoury crate told my my gpu driver was out of date so I went ahead and ran the update now my red cpu light and orange dram light are on. windows won't boot and I just get a black screen unless I boot into bios. I have no idea how to solve this problem or even start trouble shooting.

Build info
Cpu: ryzen 7 7800x3d
Mobo- asus rog x670e-f
Ram: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB)
Case: NZXT H5 Flow ATX Mid Tower Case
Gpu: sapphire pure radeon rx7800xt
Storage: Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB ELITE 89 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Last edited:
Are you able to enter Safe Mode by restarting the computer and pressing and holding down the left SHIFT key until you get Advanced Startup options?

If so, download DDU from a different device, run it in Safe Mode and remove any and all drivers that it finds related to a GPU. Once done, download and install the latest AMD Adrenaline drivers directly from their website by going HERE.

When the game directed you to update the drivers, did you simply follow the link they provided? If so, please don't do so in the future unless you know for certain that it is taking you directly to the manufacturers site.

Nov 28, 2023
Are you able to enter Safe Mode by restarting the computer and pressing and holding down the left SHIFT key until you get Advanced Startup options?

If so, download DDU from a different device, run it in Safe Mode and remove any and all drivers that it finds related to a GPU. Once done, download and install the latest AMD Adrenaline drivers directly from their website by going HERE.

When the game directed you to update the drivers, did you simply follow the link they provided? If so, please don't do so in the future unless you know for certain that it is taking you directly to the manufacturers site.

Nov 28, 2023
I can't enter safe mode only bios the windows logo doesent even show up. When I start the dram flashes orange then the cpu flashes red and gpu flashes white and post flashed green.