[SOLVED] Red CPU LED on MSI B550 Tomahawk ?

Apr 27, 2020
Yerstaday i went and bought a new motherboard (MSI MGA b550 tomahawk) and a new cpu (AMD Ryzen 5 5600x) to upgrade my computer. Ive been informed beforehand that most likely i will need to update the BIOS for the CPU to work. ive even gone and bought a brand new USB thumb drive (sandisk 16gb one) just for the this job. So i started the procedure.. motherboard is left atop the box it came with just the 24pin and the cpu cables connected.
USB was formated to Fat32 and the Bios file (7C91vA4 version ) was renamed to MSI.ROM

I plugged the usb in the white outlined, connected the power cable.. and pressed the Flash BIOS button.
A led pops in the button and starts to blink, the rgb's of the motherboard light up but the cpu red light also lights as well.
The Led of the button starts flashing faster after some seconds and this procedure continues for 4-5 mins.
After this im guessing it restarts because everything shuts off and then everything lights up again, but so does the CPU red led as well...
I dont know what is going on and some help would be highly appreciated.

raykneale

Honorable
Oct 5, 2017
Hello
Found the above link for easy to follow instructions for flashing Ryzen 5000 series bios ,it may be a silly question but did you unzip the flash file before copying to the USB stick
Good Luck
Stay Safe

Solution
Apr 27, 2020
Hello
Found the above link for easy to follow instructions for flashing Ryzen 5000 series bios ,it may be a silly question but did you unzip the flash file before copying to the USB stick
Good Luck
Stay Safe
Thank you, will check it out now.
And yes i did

TRENDING THREADS