toma15

Prominent
Dec 28, 2020
I got the Acer monitor which is XV272U and I get sometimes the red dot but its a very very tiny. sometimes it disappear but it comes back again on the same place I believe. what do u think guys its a GPU or monitor and is there a way to get rid of that dot without any technical job ?. thank u in advance

Solution
If this problem appeared upon using a new monitor, and had not existed before then, it would seem a good reason to consider returning the monitor, if possible.

If you connect back to the old monitor do you get this issue on it?

Artifacts on screen can be an indication of an issue with your GPU. I would test another monitor or TV first. If the issue follows to the different screen would probably try a good cleaning of the GPU and uninstall/re-install of most current driver.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
If this problem appeared upon using a new monitor, and had not existed before then, it would seem a good reason to consider returning the monitor, if possible.

Artifacts on screen can be an indication of an issue with your GPU. I would test another monitor or TV first. If the issue follows to the different screen would probably try a good cleaning of the GPU and uninstall/re-install of most current driver.

Reactions: toma15
Solution

toma15

Prominent
Dec 28, 2020

Oh sorry I made a mistake in the description, I checked and red dot is not appearing in the same place as it was about couple weeks ago or so. I got rtx gpu and right now I have 472 version of driver and the last one is 512 I think. I will try it and I really hope it will work. thx for the reply

toma15

Prominent
Dec 28, 2020
Oh sorry I made a mistake in the description, I checked and red dot is not appearing in the same place as it was about couple weeks ago or so. I got rtx gpu and right now I have 472 version of driver and the last one is 512 I think. I will try it and I really hope it will work. thx for the reply
I think its getting disappear a little bit I don't know why :D

Apr 6, 2022
Turn off the monitor and apply pressure on the problem area with a damp rag, dislodging the stuck liquid by removing the tiny flexes in the screen that might have prevented circuits from bonding. Then turn the screen back on; the stuck pixel should be gone

toma15

Prominent
Dec 28, 2020
i
Turn off the monitor and apply pressure on the problem area with a damp rag, dislodging the stuck liquid by removing the tiny flexes in the screen that might have prevented circuits from bonding. Then turn the screen back on; the stuck pixel should be gone
it's been a couple a weeks or so and the tiny red dot is in the same place. so it is a dead pixel isn't? but honestly I did that kind of method and didn't work :((