[SOLVED] Red error light on new Aorus Mobo

avizacty

Honorable
Oct 8, 2017
i5 13600K
GIGABYTE Aorus Z690 Elite AX (DDR5)
Kingston Fury 4800MHz (2x16) 32GB (KF548C38BBK2-32)
Pure Rock 2 LGA1700
Corsair RM750X (2019)
NVIDIA GTX 1070

I am not sure if this is normal for an Aorus Mobo, but my "error" indicators are showing red at boot, but not in Windows.

Yesterday I upgraded my PC for the first time. Before flashing my mobo, the light was showing on CPU as expected, I had not updated the bios to work with my CPU just yet, all good.

When the flash was complete, I started my PC and it loaded me straight into Windows (note, here my main monitor did not want to display straight away, I had to reconnect it to my graphics card for it to display again.)

All good, inside of Windows, installing updates and starting to benchmark my games. No error code on mobo within Windows, everything else working as it should.

The day after I booted my PC and this is where I noticed the error code on the mobo, thought not much of it before. Restarted PC again to go into bios to see if the light persisted, and it eventually displayed the red VGA error indicator. Some quick googling and I decide to unplug my GPU from the system and also remove the hard drive connections.

In bios, first time it shows the red CPU error indicator now! Another restart, into bios again, now it's showing me the VGA error indicator instead, no dedicated GPU plugged in, and this is where I am stuck now.

I have left my PC unplugged and I will not touch it until I can get an answer from someone who can help me.

Feel like I am in desperate need, so anything to help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Solution
Update: nothing was broken, all was working as it should, either the instruction book was faulty or I am just bad at understanding modern instruction manuals.
I interpreted the error codes faulty because I eventually noticed some small text next to the error light and found out it was just the "Boot" light which is apparently normal if I am not in an OS. Cannot explain why it showed me different ones though.

Read on board people, that's the lesson here!

avizacty

Honorable
Oct 8, 2017
Update: nothing was broken, all was working as it should, either the instruction book was faulty or I am just bad at understanding modern instruction manuals.
I interpreted the error codes faulty because I eventually noticed some small text next to the error light and found out it was just the "Boot" light which is apparently normal if I am not in an OS. Cannot explain why it showed me different ones though.

Read on board people, that's the lesson here!

Solution